Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Failed Project explained...

Hi,
Regarding my last project, the proton Exora MPV, there is a problem which lead to the halt of the project. It is about all its glass windows, including the front windshield.


From the picture above, you can see that the window is not smooth. It looks like a piece of soft plastic or wrapping paper..

After trying to fix the problem several times, it seems that the problem lies in my modeling technique, where I modeled the chassis and window seperately, as pictured above.

The problem requires a major modification on the polygons, thus I decided to put this model onto halt.

I however managed to prove my theory on my next 3D models. Below is the new model :
I model the chassis together with the windows and windshield. The polygons of the windows were only detached after the modeling of the required parts is complete. For example, I modeled the door altogether with the windows in 1 piece. Once I complete the door, I then select the polygon which makes the windows, then press the 'detach' button, to seperate the window from the door.

Although I didnt manage to complete the model, I've learn a valuable lesson. Hopefully I'll be able to do better models soon.

2 comments:

  1. Akhirnya awak dah dapat detect isu 'windshield macam kain' yg bro claim haritu..

    betul cakap bro, ia sebenarnya berpunca daripada modeling technique yg bro gunakan. Dulu saya xpernah apply mcm bro buat. Still start as 1 piece, tapi model 3d saya mcm sekeping je. At last saya gunakan 'Detach' polygons dan Shell. Memang resultnya sgt memuaskan bagi beginner macam saya ni.

    Btw, artwork kali ini (Proton Saga 1.3) tampak lebih matang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aduhai mmg susah nk jumpa masalah ni sebab dh biasa model asing2..

    terima kasih byk2 sebab share edged face mode tuh.. dari situ saye detect yg bro punya nampak smooth, mcm dari polygon yg sama.

    ReplyDelete