Monday, August 24, 2009

Progress Report 1

Hello to all readers,

Before this I decided to post only major updates, but my slow progress makes quite a long delay between the report. So hopefully if nothing goes wrong, I'll report any progress that I make even the smallest one so there will be at least a single update every day.

Okay for the update.

I found it to be very difficult to animate continuously. I mean, lets say I'm animating the character to walk, then soon after the walk, the character are going to sit. While there is no problem to animate the first task (which is the walk cycle), when continuing to different acts/ movement, I found it very difficult to do the transition between one act to the other.

Japanese Animation, aka Anime often have side products than the animation itself such as Artbooks, Soundtracks, Figure (dolls) and other merchandise. While searching in google about 'Code Geass', one of my favourite anime, I found a few scans from their Artbooks.


Each of the character are presented in many ways, probably to assist those animators. This maybe the reason for my difficulties. I need a good reference of my character so that I can animate better.

So I try to do a basic reference of my character first. Below are turn around reference for Nana and Andrian.



Nana Turn-Around Reference



Andrian Turn-Around Reference


I also done a color reference for Andrian



Well.. after I done this, I notice that my drawings speed improve, although there still a long way to go..

No comments:

Post a Comment